1. Depression candy. We've eaten so many batches of this stuff that I am actually too embarrassed to tell you about it. OK...so 3 batches in 2 days. The recipe is incredibly hard:
Lay saltine crackers, salt side down, in a large jelly roll pan. Melt 1 stick of butter. Stir in 1 cup of brown sugar. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour over crackers. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with 1 package of chocolate chips. Let melt for a few minutes and then smooth out with a spatula. Refrigerate for a few minutes and then break into pieces, eating every piece that isn't perfectly shaped.
2. Sunday morning cookie making with these two crazies. The cookies were incredible, FYI.
No. More. Sugar. Please.
3. This guy. I like him SO much.
4. This guy. I like him, too. He was home for 36 hours, though I saw him for 36 minutes. It's ok...I'll take whatever I can get.
5. Family dinner with our friends who are more family than friends. Our families are so intertwined and the best part? Our friends are now their friends and we have become this big fat greek (even though we're not greek) family and every single day I am thankful for them.
The food. Oh, the food. OH, THE FOOD.
6. Tis the season for christmas crackers and white elephants and cocktails and naps.
7. It's cold in SoCal and once I get a chill, I just can't shake it. I've resorted to (gulp) socks. Yes, the flip flop girl has been wearing socks.
Warm toes are a good thing.
Today brought coffee and costco and a roast loin of pork with fennel and then 5 hours working the basketball snack bar. I'm home now and we're curled up watching the Family Stone, shopping online for a few last minute gifts for ourselves...mainly for an oven probe so I can cook some sort of massive piece of meat for Christmas.
What today didn't bring? Laundry, floor sweeping or house cleaning. Tomorrow is a new day, right?