Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lemons From the Tree

In our backyard we have a lemon tree.

It came with our little house and for the first 7 or 8 years that we lived here it would give us one lemon a season. That guy that I like so much would faithfully water and feed and talk to it and it would reward him with a single lemon at a time.

One morning I was getting out of the shower and I heard him talking to the lemon tree...he came right out and told it that he was going to chop it down on his next vacation.

That was all it took. The lemon tree decided it was going to earn it's keep and produce more fruit.

Now, instead of giving us one lemon a season, we get like five.

But those five lemons are the juiciest, best tasting lemons you could possibly imagine.

Perfect for lemonade.

=0)

It's the last week of summer vacation and we are crazy around here.

I'm ready for the quiet, empty house and yet I'm not.

I've loved not having a schedule or homework, but yet we're all ready for some sort of routine.

But most of all, I miss cooking. Not the hit and miss kind of summer cooking...but real meals with everyone sitting down at the same time.

Yes, I am ready.

=0)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...