Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Weeks End

This week has been full of lots of things that make me happy.

There were the figs with goat cheese and prosciutto.

There was the very meaningful and deep book club meeting.
There were pans and pans of roasted tomatoes.

There was Tammy, fresh off a plane from Colorado sipping a margarita in my little house on my little street.
There was a rather fabulous bento box for lunch today (the sashimi was for my son because I still believe uncooked fish belongs in the water) with some of my very favorite people.
And tonight, while I don't have pictures to prove it, there was a new video of my oldest boy posted which made me smile and a lovely backyard supper (even though it was chilly) which may or may not have included a little dancing and now there's the warm winter jammies I am wearing while all cozy on my couch.

As for the tomatoes....these are my favorite way to roast them:

roma tomatoes - sliced in half, seeds removed
1 T sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1 T dried oregano
1 cup olive oil (yep...1 cup)

Preheat oven to 250. Place tomatoes, cut side up in a single layer in a 9 X 13 inch pan. Sprinkle with sugar, salt, oregano and drizzle on all the oil. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Turn tomatoes over and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and let cool.

Serve at room temperature with sliced french bread...the extra oil is great tossed with pasta, some of the tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Refrigerate tomatoes for up to 2 weeks.

=0)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...