Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Back and Forth

Yesterday, I went to Costco 3 times.

Not once.  Not twice.  

THREE TIMES.

The first time was to pick up all the loot that Matthew needs for tour.
The second time was to go back and pick up the pizza I ordered while waiting in line, paid for and then forgot about until I walked in my front door.  
The third time was after I had returned home with the pizza and the optical department called to tell me that Alex's contacts were in and since I was on a roll, I turned around and went back.  Again.

I'm losing my mind.  

=0)

Brian came out of music camp with his mouthpiece stuck on his trumpet and after lots of peeps around here tried to loosen it (and two of those peeps are music peeps) they decided to just leave it on.

He'll be the kid who is carrying his trumpet in a shopping bag.

Classy.

And then I played hooky.  Matthew was at his last night of rehearsal.  Alex had a game which Michael and Brian went to.

I stayed home, caught up on Real Housewives of New York while eating all the marshmallows out of a box of Lucky Charms...are Lucky Charms still magically delicious if they have no marshmallows left in them?

And do you think the boys will notice?

I needed just a little quiet.  I should have been doing laundry or cleaning bathrooms or sweeping the floor but the fact is, all those things can be done in the midst of everyday life.

Quiet?  Quiet doesn't happen often during the summer months.  And isn't it interesting that the best part about quiet is when everyone comes home and it is loud and crazy...and they are all excited to tell you everything they've been doing?

Love that.

=0)



2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about enjoying the quiet when you have the opportunity and not wasting it by doing things that can be done with the boys running around.
    Sending you a big (((((HUG))))) I get a feeling you need it right now.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try some WD-40 or similar product to the the valve unstuck. It might take a few days of waiting for it to work, but we've done it. We have a slide stuck when we got Matt's trumpet. We tried everything, then tried WD-40, heard the rust crackle, kept pulling, and presto - unstuck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...