Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Highlights

what I am thankful for, weekend addition:

=0)

a house packed to the gills with family.
a ginormous cake.
flea medicine for the cats.

a big 'ole family dinner at my sister in laws.
did I mention the big 'ole cake?
cousins playing in the ocean and skateboarding and playing with a pogo stick.

a moment in church I won't soon forget involving Isaiah 40:30-31 that made my middle boy sit up and take notice.  It says:  

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.

He leaned over and said,  'MOM (cuz my boys can't seem to say it quietly)...I totally get that!'

Ingrid...it is Spring.

=0)

playing wii sports with teen boys.
italian beef with sweet peppers.
'you is good.  you is kind.  you is important.' - The Help, such an important story that needs to be remembered.

boys who wanted a new, end of summer video game and a mom with a houseful of windows that needed to be washed.  win, win.
a 3 way cable tv splitter.
ok...one more shout out for the ginormous cake.


cooler evening temperatures that mean a blanket on the bed.
palmolive dish soap.
brothers.  this time, grown up ones.

=0)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...oh my....OH MY. My tears as big as the blossoms of this spring. Sheer beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...