Monday, October 10, 2011

Living In LaLa-Land

My week was going along swimmingly until the call from the school came informing me that one of the children I not only carried inside me for 36 weeks, but hurled my guts out 6 or 7 times a day FOR THAT WHOLE TIME was not doing well in one of his classes.

Sigh.

I mean, come on.  Mama had JUST finished telling someone how well my boys were doing an hour or so before the phone call came.  Life was good and I was at peace living in lala-land.

I like living in lala-land.

It's my happy place.

No one is grumpy there and everyone has a smile on their face and no one has gray hairs on their heads that are unwanted or bad grades or dirty dishes in the sink and salted caramel mochas from Starbucks are calorie free.

Oh well.  Welcome to real life.

Weekends highlights included two basketball games, a play, a concert, a dinner party, church and more laundry than you would think would be humanly possible to accomplish.

And one pan of pumpkin stuffed shells that had me (and 2 of my 3 menfolk that live with me) weeping with joy.

YUMMY.

One boy didn't have any appreciation for them.  He's the same boy that told me that he's heard about this really cool thing...spaghetti in a CAN, and how come all his friends get to eat so many cool things like that?

He's the same one who will tell you, without an ounce of hesitation, that when he grows up he wants to be a boss.

And I tell him, without an ounce of hesitation, that when he is grown up and a boss that he can eat spaghetti out of a can...just like all the other kids.

Win, win.

=0)



1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious. If there's one leftover, I'll swap you a pear muffin tomorrow afternoon, that I will bake after lunch (to deliver to a sad 'sister'in the eve) Let's see if I'm still in LaLaLand after my dermatologist checks me out in the AM! (morning, noon, night, you and I keep cookin' up good things, right?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...