Thursday, April 26, 2012

Date Night


So today...well, it was icky.  Like majorly icky.

=0(

I guess it wasn't the whole day that was icky, but work that was icky.  The kind of icky that made me not want to ever have any form of contact with any crossing guard in any city ever again.  But since I'm paid to have contact with them, I guess that's just not possible at this stage in my life.

Sigh.

That guy that I like so much needed a  reminder of his address...and that reminder got me a dinner date on an otherwise no good, very bad day.

Our newest hangout...Cucina Enoteca.

We waltzed in past the super overflowing patio and grabbed the last table for 2 that they had...plopped ourselves down and ordered a bottle of vino rosso.

And here's where it gets funny.  I look over and two tables away is my girlfriend, out for a dinner with her girlfriends.  And in between us is a lovely couple on a date night who suddenly became a part of all of us and suddenly we were all BFF's.

Crazy how that works.

The food at this place is soooo yummy...but it's the atmosphere that I love.  It's sort of like a neighborhood pub and you almost can't help either running into someone you already know or meeting new people...new people who you become facebook friends with and invite them to a summer supper in the garden.

The kind of place you kick yourself for not thinking of starting. 

There's just something about having a truly icky day end in such a truly un-icky way.

The only thing missing?

A dance or two.  Or three.

=0)

Home again, home again, jiggly jig...home to a houseful of boys who were a bit put out at the fact that we had run out of milk and OJ and (gasp!) chocolate chips.  

A mothers job?  Well, it's never quite up to par.

=0)

I am so not ready for tomorrow...but then again, I am thankful tomorrow will come.  

It's all good.

=0)

2 comments:

  1. You do have the best hubby!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Glad you had a good time. We had a middle of the week date too, which is really unusual for us. Ours was preplanned. We went to hear a classical guitar player at a cute little martini bar. It felt very decadent to be having cheese fondue with wine and martinis on a week night. I MUST take you to downtown Wauconda this summer to visit a few of their new establishments housed in very old buildings along a lake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...