Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tacos For Supper


I'm listening to Brian cough and cough and cough....the crud has entered our little house on our little street.  I'm praying it starts and stops with him and I've turned into the germ nazi, spraying and disinfecting and reminding him to wash his hands.  Poor thing feels miserable yet is still at the age where he feels like he might miss something if he goes to bed even 15 minutes early.

Pray it passes quickly.  The sickness part...not the not wanting to miss out on life part.  

=0)

I got about 15 feet from my front door after working out yesterday morn and knew immediately that my oldest was at home visiting...I'd like to say it was my motherly instinct but in reality it was the smell of bacon coming from the open kitchen window.

Some things never change.

=0)

Yesterday was 95 degrees in my part of the world...and still 90 degrees at 6:00pm.  Begrudgingly (hey!  A big word!) I turned on the AC.  In October.  Which just seems...wrong.

Supper for my crew...carnitas.  I had to stop Brian after his 6th (!!!!) burrito for fear that he would explode...he ended up eating 2 more before going to bed.  I was craving mexican food...turns out my crew was too.

=0)

Crockpot Carnitas

1 tsp chipotle chili powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 Cups chicken broth
4 lb pork shoulder (I used a 6 lb'er)

Mix the spices and rub over pork.  Put in crockpot, add chicken broth.  Cook on high for 4 hours, shred with two forks and put back into crockpot with liquid.  Keep warm until ready to eat.  We ate it with all the taco/burrito fixin's...lime rice, pinto beans, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, cilantro, lettuce and flour/corn tortillas.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great weekend, Michele. You deserve it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...