Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ash Wednesday


I'm going to be honest here...I've been a bit of a mess lately.  I just can't seem to get it all together...there's just so much going on.  I need to take my own advice...the advice that I am always so willing to give to everyone else.  The whole 'slow down.  take time to breathe.  feel the sun, and the Son, on your face' advice.

=0)

I had an interesting work experience this week.  I was screamed at (and yes, I do mean screamed.  Anything above yelling that includes multiple expletives is immediately bumped into the screaming category) so many times on the same day that I was ready to curl up in a ball and rock back and forth, back and forth.  Normally I can shake it off because it doesn't involve me, but a few of these did involve me and ugh,  it was just an icky day. 

And in BIG news...the rather, ummmm, snobby city I live in now has a WalMart.  And yep, I went to go check out the falling prices.  I have to say, it wasn't bad...but I do love me my Target.

Yesterday I had to take my mandatory online sexual harassment course.  Two hours of playing Words with Friends while pushing the 'next' button every few minutes.  I now feel harassed for having had to take it.  Seriously.  Don't sneeze in public in my state...you could be setting yourself up for a lawsuit.

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday and this is one girl who LOVES Lent.  After my particularly ugly work day the day before and after dropping Brian at school I found myself at Balboa Island...I was thinking a little walk along the water with a hot tea in hand might be the perfect beginning to my day.  I had forgotten what day it was and thought I'd duck into my favorite little Catholic church on the island for a little prayer time...and found myself sitting amongst the nuns for a little Lenten mass.  

And then that night, I sat in church with my youngest two when IT happened.  Brian was slouched over, being 14.  I was just about to reach over and give him the 'please have respect and sit up straight in church' pat on the leg, when I saw Alex's arm reach over...he put his hand on Brian's back and ever so gently asked him to sit up.


I didn't acknowledge that I had seen that.  I just closed my eyes and smiled.  I love when God whispers...and that moment was a whisper.  An 'it's all good' kind of whisper.

=0)


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...