Monday, June 24, 2013

Our Anniversary Weekend


This weekend, I slept.  And slept and slept and slept.  I'm tellin' you...I made up for months of sleepless nights in the last few nights.  Friday, I napped.  Saturday, I napped.  Sunday, I napped.

I napped and napped and napped.

And now I can say, without a doubt, that I am human again.  And human feels good.

Friday was my last official day of work, that guy that I like so much's last day of work, the first day of summer, the longest day of the year AND (deep breath) our 27th wedding anniversary.

I donned some super cute, break my neck sort of shoes and we went to one of our favorite restaurants for a dinner that we seriously can't afford but oh well.  Life is short.   We ordered a bottle of wine way out of our price range and savored every single drop of it.  Seriously a great wine and an incredible meal in an incredible setting.  The sun set and we sat for hours.

We tried, hard as we might, to remember all 27 of our anniversaries.  And failed.  I'm sure they were memorable though!

=0)

This salad?  Roasted beets and tempura artichokes and arugula and horseradish cream.  And flowers.  

Seriously amazing.

Saturday...I slept.  And then did laundry.  And slept some more.  And then ate proscuitto and melon.  And then dozed in the garden.  

It was glorious.

Sunday was church.  And then a nap.  And then a supper celebrating Leyla's 17th birthday.

The food...oh my.  Fried chicken with pasta and halumi cheese with lots of mint and dill...all the flavors of Cypress in one dish.

I want it for my birthday, too.  

I love these girls.  Last week we were dancing the night away under a disco ball...tonight we just laughed and laughed and laughed.  And then laughed some more.  Seriously...is it possible to laugh too much???  

No, I don't think so either.

=0)

I'm feeling rested, which is a great place to be on a Sunday night.  Tomorrow I have a few little bits of work to finish up and on Tuesday, after a meeting with my boss, I'll be done and officially off for the summer.

I can taste it...it's that close.

Brian begins basketball tomorrow, so our summer routine begins tomorrow too.  The great news?  Basketball doesn't begin until noon, which leaves us mornings to be lazy.

Love that.

=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...