Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The W's

What:

Farro.  It's my new favorite food.  Roast a bunch of veggies, boil up some farro, make a quick vinaigrette, and eat.  Eat lots and lots of it.  If you are a good planner then you'll also add chunks of feta...but it's still great if you are not a good planner.

Trust me.

Who:

Boys #1 and #3.  Bonding over a big bowl of garbage fries.  Garbage fries, you ask?  Among other toppings: spam, beef, jalapenos, cheese, a fried egg and a bunch of other 'garbage'.  Eww...but they liked them.

What:

My boys...they all carry themselves exactly the same.  Cute.

Also pictured...my photo bombing ear.

 Who:

These boys.  My heart.  Love who they are individually and who they are when they are together.  

When:

This weekend the family was all in town.  The big cousins were all together and there was lots of laughing and teasing and late nights and snacks and, well...fun.  I'm always happy when they're here and sad when they leave...I guess that's the perfect kind of company to have.

What:

A burger bar.  Burgers, lots of toppings, baked beans, a pesto pasta salad.  Even though there was some complaining (sigh),  it fed a crowd with minimal prep and minimal clean-up.  

I like that.

Oh, and there was sangria.  Really, really good sangria.

=0)

Where:

Sleeping bodies in every nook and cranny.  Adults get beds and privacy.  Anyone younger doesn't.

=0)

Who:

Had all my boys home for the weekend...and then some.  Their lives are all busy now, too...and so I'll take whatever time I can get. 

Where:

Drove my oldest home, rescued his car from the shop and got to see his new place.  Nice to be able to have the time to do that....and happy that his car is once again in his possession.  

No more thefts.  Please.

I've missed this little space of mine...it's nice to be back.

=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...