Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Home To My Garden


Yesterday I had a work meeting.

Sigh.

A long work meeting...and I was then sent home with a PILE of work to do.  My job is changing (evolving?) even more this year...it'll be even more management of a newly in place team (that I got to choose...hooray!) and I am really excited, but start up is going to be a bear.  And start up starts up...now.

Double, double sigh.

 BUT...summer is still holding on a bit, too.  Last night that guy that I like so much and I made homemade pasta (it's kinda a two person job) and homemade pesto and homemade béchamel and turned it all into the most fabulous pesto lasagna on the planet.

Even more fabulous?  Our little garden...and then the fact that Alex's friends began trickling in (makes me SO happy!) and ended up eating with us.  The result is that there isn't even one little crumb left for lunch today...but who cares.  We loved it; they loved it.  

Can't wait to make it again!

Today...well, it's 10:30am and I'm still sipping coffee with amaretto creamer, in my p's, with absolutely no rush to begin my day.  I'll take it.  Still trying to figure out tonights supper...I almost want to make another pesto lasagne just so I can have it again!  Plans for today?  Tackling my closet.  It's in need of big clean out and today is the day.  Next week is pantry week and that is going to be a BIG project...anyone handy with a hammer?  I'll feed ya in exchange!!!

=0)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...