Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Vacation


I have a love/hate relationship with technology.  I'm thankful my boys grew up without it...or more importantly, that they grew up without a mom who had a cell phone in her hand 24/7...but I sure do enjoy it now.  

Can't get the answers you want via text message?  FaceTime is the next best thing, especially if they happen to be in a different state.

=0)


My oldest?  He makes me laugh.  FYI...Santa's pockets aren't that deep, Matteo.

But good try.

=0)


Seriously...is there ANYTHING better than a tomato, picked warm from the afternoon sun right off the vine?  Drizzle it with a little olive oil and all is well in the world.

Can we bottle that?

We had our nephew here for some boy time (he has 3 sisters) and boy time is what he got.  Basketball with Brian, weight lifting with Alex, a late night ice cream run in a convertible.  Fun to spoil (and bend the bedtime rules) with someone else's child.

=0)

The weather has been so strange here...that guy that I like so much keeps saying it's tornado weather; however, we no longer live in tornado country.  It's just...weird.  Last night we were eating supper in the garden and it started to sprinkle...just a few big, warm raindrops before the sky turned a vibrant pink.

It's been beautiful.  Humid and a bit gray during the day...but beautiful.

It's Friday...and it feels like Friday.  For the first time in a while I woke up to my alarm...had to print boarding passes early this morning.  Gotta love Southwest Airlines (and I really do) and their 'no assigned seats' policy but hey, they don't charge for checked bags.  We're heading out tomorrow for a family adventure...a family of FIVE adventure.  It's been a long, long time and while it'll be short, we're packing a lot of fun stuff into this getaway.  

I'm SO excited, but as the only girl I'll need a spa day when it's done.  

=0)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...