Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Getting My Fall On

 I am finally feeling like my home is my home again...the termite removal is complete (aside from having to patch and paint inside and a bit more repair work in the garden) and the workers have moved on down the block.  

They were nice, but I'm glad they are gone.  The workers, that is.  The termites were also nice...they were very quiet, totally kept to themselves and aside from eating away all the wood in and on our house were the perfect house guests.

Until they wore out their welcome.

I unpacked the Autumn decor the other day and can't find the front door sign.  I'm sure it's upstairs in the attic somewhere, but I've looked and looked and I can't seem to find it.  I'm also thinking of not getting a bale of hay and a cornstalk for the first time in a long time, but after all the dust and dirt of the termite repair, I'm leaning towards clean and simple.

I think it's fine just the way it is, but man oh man...pinterest makes me question everything.  

=0)

My work is kicking my butt lately.  There is so much to do and such a big area to cover; there's needy people and independent people and angry people and (sadly) incompetent people, complainers and go getters.  It's a....challenge to manage them all.  

Don't get me wrong, I like what I do...but lately it's just seemed overwhelming.  This morning I donned my pink tennies, got in my (free) company car that has a full tank of (free) gas, turned on the (free) satellite radio to classic vinyl and drove way, way south...and had to laugh.  I've got nothin' to complain about.

I am so thankful for all of it, but especially for the person who originally hired me.  She took a chance on a stay-at-home mom and that simple act has shaped the way I treat everyone I interview, train, work with.  Don't just judge a book by it's cover...because usually there is something pretty darn good in the middle pages.  If she hadn't looked beyond the cover...the cover that said that I hadn't 'worked' in 19 years, well, I wouldn't have had this job.

On the good days, I'm thankful.  On the not so good days....well, not quite as much.

=0)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...