Monday, October 21, 2013

Our Weekend


A meet up at a local gourmet donut shop with a friend.  The flavors?  Maple/bacon, cinnamon crumb, pumpkin mousse, chocolate, and huckleberry.  Not shown?  A fig/marscapone doughnut that would knock your socks off.  These are simply the best donuts ever.  

Where?  Sidecar Doughnuts in Costa Mesa...recommended by a police officer.

=0)

Costco with my soon to be 20 year old.  He's a great shopping partner...frugal, fun to be with and strong.  The people giving the samples were probably irritated, but that's ok.  The kid likes his food...all 6'2" of him.

Feeding a houseful?

Not cheap.  Not cheap at all.  All three are home for the weekend and we're ready...4 gallons of milk, 4 loaves of bread, 3 dozen eggs.  Should hold us until Monday...if we're lucky.

Brian was up early on Saturday morning...his turn, at 15, to take the pre-ACT.  His weekend was packed, this youngest of mine.  Knotts Scary Farm, a basketball game, a surprise birthday party for a friend, and the test.

Pre-test breakfast?  Eggs in holes.  I'm not sure I can count how many of these I have made over the years...though I am pretty sure it is in the hundreds.

Saturday afternoon found me and my cat, on the couch, watching the Hallmark channel.

Peace and quiet is a gift, especially if you live in a houseful of boys.  Not complaining, at all, but I do like the quiet times.

My oldest, home for the weekend.  Life just feels right when he's back home.  Lots of brothers yelling at football, wrestling, throwing footballs, throwing each other into walls,  leaving their stuff everywhere.

It used to be legos and army guys.  Now it's bikes and basketballs and shoes and laundry.

Sunday morning, a clean out the fridge frittata.  Leftover roasted short ribs, potatoes, zucchini, artichokes and sun dried tomatoes.  This, some orange french toast and multiple pots of hot, strong coffee.

I'm behind schedule for this coming week...I normally like to have all my laundry done, my house cleaned and menus planned for the coming week before Monday morning hits and this weekend I did none of that.  I did spend lots of time with my boys and that is something that is not a normal thing these days...especially with my two oldest who are so independent.  

It's currently Sunday night and my boys have a houseful of friends over watching the Bronco's play.  I made a huge pot of gravy and pasta and meatballs and they're moving from sitting in the family room to throwing a football out front.  It's loud and quite crazy and I love that.

The house clean up and laundry and menu plans?

That all takes a back seat to real life.

=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...