Friday, November 8, 2013

This and That


Welcome to my real life.  My pantry.  Beautiful stained glass door (from France, circa 1910...it was a church window that we had made into a door) that is so gorgeous, yet my pantry is truly a nightmare on the inside.

That being said, I took everything out, threw away all the expired stuff and put it all back together.  I should have taken an 'after' picture but I forgot...so you'll just have to take my word for it.

=0)

I've been craving salads lately...last nights mix? Beets and fennel and pine nuts and pears and feta.  YUM.  That being said, I've also been craving pumpkin EVERYTHING, pot roast,  homemade ravioli and tomato soup.

Basically, Fall foods.

This week?  I've got a guy that I like so much who is working a lot of evenings, so meals have been quick.  Good, but quick.  That's the theme lately...fill them up and get them on their way to the next activity.

Lots and lots and LOTS of work issues the last few days.  This morning I left the house while everyone was still sleeping with the intent of stopping by Starbucks (hooray for skinny peppermint lattes and hooray for becoming a gold card holder!) and I handled one emergency after another until 11:00am...and realized I had been working for 6 1/2 hours and forgot to stop.

I came home, made myself a cup of coffee with amaretto creamer and worked straight through until 4:30pm.  I'm tired.  Over tired. 

My screen saver?  Taken 4 years ago while sitting on a wall in Assisi.  I miss it.  A lot.

Alex's foot is still broken but we have survived the first week of healing.  The cast comes off twice a week for ultrasound/laser therapy and it is healing well.  The threat of surgery is still there but so far so good...only 7 weeks of this left.

He's....grumpy.

I totally get it.

My cousin sent me a box of heaven...a big box of leaves from her backyard.  The same backyard where I sat last summer.  Man, do I ever love Autumn.  These leaves are now throughout my house...on the kitchen table.  In a basket by the fireplace.  On the mantle.

Doesn't take much to make me happy.

=0)

I am SO happy it's Friday!  There's some work to be done, a 19 year old with a broken foot to be taken to lunch, a happy hour to go to.  And then?  Hot tea, my pj's and a pile of magazines to work my way through.

Welcome, weekend!

=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...