Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Scenes From A Little Blogging Break

 I took a little time off to spend time on things I needed to spend time on...things like getting ready for Christmas, enjoying Christmas, and recovering from Christmas.  

In the midst of all the goings on, there were moments of quiet.  An early Christmas morning walk to the lake to read through some Psalms and the promise of things to come.  Coffee dates (multiple) with that guy that I like so much.  Long phone chats with people who listen at times when I needed to be listened to.  

And movies.  Oh, the movies.  We caught up on many...both old to us and new to us.

 Our little house on our little street was full.  And that was good for this mamas heart right now.  I needed these boys to be here...I needed to watch them together.  I needed to remember them as being little and love on them as young adults.  

This vacation, the house never got cleaned but the cookies got baked.  

Priorities.

=0)

The weather was gorgeous, which meant Christmas dinner was eaten in the garden.  I love that.  It's the biggest 'room' in our house and everyone can spread out, plus it's beautiful thanks to twinkly lights and a bazillion candles.  

 One of the best things about a year coming to end is the chance to come up with some sort of plan for things to come.  I like that.  My plans are the same as every other year...get more organized.  Feed my family yummy, unprocessed foods.  Take more baths.  Run, walk or hike every day, even if it's just around the block.  Text less, call more.  Send thank you notes.

 Slow down...unless I'm playing MarioKart.

 In other family news: Alex got his cast off as a belated Christmas gift and he's once again cleared to drive after 8 1/2 weeks.  The walking is slow, and will be for a long time, but he's walking...and that's a blessing.  

 Happy New Years.  2014?  It's going to be lived to the fullest.

=0)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...