Monday, August 25, 2014

A Lovely Weekend At Home


I flew into town on Friday afternoon and following my flight and drive from the big airport in the big city, I was able to make it to Brian's football game.  I'm going to be honest with you...this football thing?  Foreign to me.  

But I love my baby and I swear, if anyone out there hurts him I am going to charge on the field and take whomever out.  Just sayin'.

=0)

Matteo packed himself all up and moved.  Not just moved, but moved to a different state.  Not a 'I'm going away to college and I'll be home soon' move but a 'I'm an adult and I'm moving away from home to start my new life' kind of move.

I'm excited for him but I'll admit, a little sad for me.  But happy beats out the sad part and I am so very, very thankful for technology because he's just a simple text message away.

=0)

Friday night after the game, that guy that I like so much and I went out for a late night supper and once home, it hit me.  Exhaustion.  The whole next day I felt horrible...really, really horrible.  

Sleep helped.  So did advil and a few hallmark channel movies.

=0)

Our pooch has been so happy...and extremely naughty.  He won't chew a bone but will chew pens and pencils if he finds them.  But seriously...look at this face.  I can't even remember life before him...pretty sure he is the most loved dog on the planet.  

Just hide your writing utensils.

=0)

We were all nominated by different people for the ALS ice bucket challenge.  One of us did it in his underwear and we couldn't stop laughing....doused ourselves with ice water only to find out that the video didn't work and then we all got into a fight and everyone was grumpy and ugh.  Wasn't our best family moment.


What can I say?  We're human.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...