Monday, September 1, 2014

Pickles and Pickles and Pickles


I had a HUGE bag of baby cucumbers to use up and so, in an effort to bring joy to all who live in my little house on my little street, I made pickles.

Problem is...I am the only one who eats them.

Is that really a problem?

=0)

This is the easiest recipe in the world, which was written on an a little piece of paper from that guy that I like so much's grandmother.

Trust me because seriously, recipes written on little slips of paper are often the best because you can just picture two women having afternoon coffee, snacking on pickles and having one of the women say 'seriously.  you gotta give me this recipe.' and the other woman saying 'sure thing.  here ya go.'

=0)

Refrigerator Pickles

Fill quart size canning jars with cucumbers that have been cut up however you like.  Peel them if you'd like, but I never do.  You can also add a few cloves garlic, carrots, green beans, etc.  Be brave!  (but I never am...I just use cukes, unpeeled.)

Mix together:
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tsp salt
4 T sugar

Pour over cucumbers.  Fill jar to the top with water.  Put the lid on, shake a few times and stick in the fridge.  They'll be ready the next day and will last quite a while (if you have self control, which I don't) in the fridge.

Happy snacking!

=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...