Friday, September 26, 2014

This Weeks Pictures And A Really Easy Recipe

Food:

I love, love, love Cafe Rio.  Sweet pork barbacoa, cilantro lime rice, black beans, medium salsa baked enchilada style.  I was starving, extremely grumpy and lo and behold, a cafe rio appeared right in front of me.

That guy that I like so much?  He doesn't like it as much as I do and rather than whine and complain, I go for lunch.  Win win...but seriously, how can you not love Cafe Rio?????

Football:

Ugh.  It's happening.  I'm becoming THAT mother.

(Again.)

Who am I kidding...I've always been THAT mother.  You know the one...the one that stands up and yells (quite a bit) from the stands and forgets (for just a moment) that this is high school sports where everyone (supposedly) should see some playing time.  

Yep.  I've fallen, once again, to the dark side and that guy that I like so much very gently puts his hand on my leg or gently on my back...the universal sign for 'chill out, mama'.

I usually listen.

(the boy is healthy...just sore muscles and a really cute trainer.  I'll deny ever writing that.)

Laundry:

Thankful this week for bleach.

=0)

Missing:

These two peeps.  In fact, I am going to text them right now.

=0)

Romantic:

A comfy flannel night gown.  I texted this picture to that guy that I like so much (as a joke) and his response was not all that favorable.  I can't stop laughing...and for $12.99, I went ahead and bought it.  And then God sent the biggest heat wave to SoCal in 100 years (that's an exaggeration but it sure felt like it) and I'm wondering if maybe it's the result of my purchase.

Haha.  Like I have that power...but it's fun to think that I might.

=0)

But for reals...I like it.  

Flowers:

Doesn't take much to make me happy.  I've always made room in my grocery budget for fresh flowers.  Just because.

Yummy:

We're not big on processed foods here, but this recipe is fabulous and fall tasting and easy...found in one of my mom's old church cookbooks.  Make it and weep for joy.

=0)

Fry Pan Apple Pie

1 stick butter (set aside 1 T for the end)
1 cup brown sugar
1 pkg refrigerated pie crusts
1 can apple (or peach) pie filling
2 T sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (mix with sugar)

Preheat oven to 400.  Melt butter in a cast iron skillet, setting aside 1 T.  Add brown sugar and stir together until combined; let bubble for 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and while hot, lay on one of the pie crusts.  Spread pie filling on top, sprinkle with 1/2 the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Top with the other pie crust; no need to seal it.  Brush remaining butter on top and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.  Cut a slit in the top to vent.  Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot right from the pan, though it's still great warm or at room temperature.  Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you have some.

YUM.


Friday:

I'm ready for the weekend.  I've worked more hours than I can count, so I am catching up on computer work this morning while I listen to the non stop hum of my washer and dryer.  I'm drinking coffee out of my new favorite mug and I think the dog and I might hit the trail in a little bit before it warms up too much.  I worked in the big garden for 2 hours yesterday, pulling the last of the summer plants and I have broccoli, cauliflower, fennel, and sweet onion ready to be planted for winter.  I have bible study homework to do and I'm loving our new study of Thessalonians.  Lots of good stuff in those two books!

And tonight?  Grilled tuscan chickens, roasted potatoes, grilled asparagus and a bottle of wine.

Hello, weekend.

=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...