Monday, January 5, 2015

Happiest of New years

Our New Years Eve was really fun this year...low key and easy and the perfect way to usher out one year and welcome in another.  Friends came over, the boys were in and out and we ate,  played some wild and crazy games and laughed the night away.

It was exactly what we needed.


This whole break was exactly what I needed.  Sure, there was lots going on...basketball and Christmas and parties and Christmas and New Years and Christmas and on and on and on.  But it felt restful, too...and I needed rest.

I feel like we've had an honest to goodness vacation and we never left home for longer than a few hours.  There was even a day in there where I never got dressed...I stayed in my pj's all day long and watched movies.

Perfection, I must say.  Perfection.

=0)

The morning after New Years Eve and there were a bunch of teens in the house.  Pancakes seemed like too much work so I made a big batch of buttermilk waffles.  Yum.  A little sausage on the side and a big thing of juice and all were happy.

Win win.

Tis the season for new apps on my phone.  Ready?

1. Waze.  (but only if you're the passenger because it's so distracting!)
2. iRunner.  Farewell NikeRun...I've found something new.

And last, but certainly not least is...
3. TriviaCrack.  Get out of town.  Way too much fun!

The cold weather came to town and helped me to realize that I like it warm.  Not hot, not cold...warm.  75 and sunny and fair is perfect in my book.  

Flip flop weather.

This 30's business?  No thank you.  My citrus trees and I are ready for you to depart.

And just like that, the cold did pass on.  I'm back to my hiking trails and while it is so hard to get myself up and and out the door, once I am there I can't help but wonder why I even question going.  It's so much more than just physical exercise for me...it's much needed quiet time and a place where I can think and talk to myself and question and cry and pray.

I've spent this vacation thinking a lot about how I see this coming year playing out.   More quiet time spent reading.  And praying.  And hiking.  And loving on my loves.  

All little things that add up to bigger things for me.

Today, the last day of a two week vacation and the house is dark...or at least it feels that way after the Christmas lights come down.  The decorations are put away for another season and I actually wasn't quite ready to be rid of them yet...but the timing was right.  We had a big family lunch at our friends house today and it was just the most perfect way to end out this break.

And then tonight, in an effort to prepare myself for going back to work early, early tomorrow morning, the texts and emails started coming.  I answered a few and then shut it all down...tomorrow will come soon enough and I'm ready to hit the ground running.

It's a New Year.  Let's make it a good one.

=0)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...