Friday, May 29, 2015

Early Morning


I'm sitting at my favorite place in my little house on my little street...on a stool at my kitchen counter. All is quiet...my alarm goes off super early and I try to get as much work done as I can before the rest of the house wakes up.  The dog has been walked, the coffee is made, work emails have been answered and I sort of have a dinner plan in motion, but that might change depending on what I see at the market.

It's Friday, my friends.  And I need this Friday.

There's always talk about beginnings, but there is something to be said for endings too.  Sometimes things just need to conclude and there needs to be time to just settle into that.  This week has been hard.  It's the end of the school year and my team is tired...I'm doing the 'you can do it!' cheer for them but they are tired and weary and just so ready for summer.  

I get it.  I am, too.

Summer is coming but first...first we need this year to just end.


I'm questioning things right now.  Relationships I thought were solid; a management style I thought was going ok; that I'm wearing the right set of contact lenses. 

=0)

So this week, I'm going to finish strong.  Work hard and do my best.  Try not to cry because why oh why do I feel like crying?  

Probably because I'm a girl.

The house is clean and about to become even more full.  Matteo will be arriving later today and staying here for the next 5 weeks, though he'll be working 12 hour days an hour away, so we won't see him all that much.  

Still, I like when they're all here. 

The pictures:

zucchini chocolate chocolate chip muffins, which lasted approx. 15 seconds
real life text messages
shoes that never make the shoe bin
discontinued amaretto creamer means I have to punt
the tree fell


Happy Friday!

=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...