Saturday, May 14, 2016

Hopping From Coast to Coast


The school year is winding down and so am I...the days are not only longer but it's almost as if they are taunting me to play hooky with all that sun shiney, warm air business.  My to-do list keeps getting longer and even though I'm slowly plugging away at it, I'm finding myself daydreaming about warm sand and coconutty sun screen and closed eyes.

My boys used to get spring fever and I'm realizing that I do too.  Is summer here yet?

On Monday morning in the early morning, I left on a jet plane for Florida.  This was the quickest of trips and I was only in south Florida this time around and I felt like by the time I got my sea legs under me it was time to turn around and come home.

But there were some really cool moments too...there always are.

Every one of my flights this time around was packed full.  I'm usually lucky enough to score an empty seat on at least one of my legs but not this time around.  I travel quite a bit and I like it but even I get antsy by the time we're an hour or so out.  I always choose a window because I don't like to be bothered and I like to be able to lean against the wall but this time around I was stuck in the middle for one leg.  

But work travel is cool in that it's free...and I like free.


I woke up one morning at 5:30am and went to sit on the beach.  It was so quiet and still and the waves were so beautiful.  My Dad was buried at sea and whenever I'm at the ocean I find myself talking to him through teary eyes about my life and his beautiful Grandsons and I really think he'd be happy with how things were turning out.  At least I hope so.

And then, as a reminder of just how small I am, the sun rose up and the light was blinding and warm and I felt the gentleness of my God.  These moments that he hands me on a silver platter...or on a sandy beach, are so precious to me.  I need these reminders.

 The days on work trips are long and this time around I had one of the bosses meet up with me for a day.  There are more work changes and I'm just raising my hands like I'm on a roller coaster flying down a big hill.  

And right now it's a very, very, very big hill.



 And then, just as soon as it started, I was on a plane headed back for the west coast.  For home.  For my little house on my little street.  For that guy that I like so much.  

I love that when I question my value....question my worth here on earth that all I have to do is go home.  

=0)

I do have job security here at home.  Three males on their own for a few days and our little house on our little street develops a rather distinct odor and I'm pretty sure a broom hasn't touched the floor.  But like I said...job security for me.  

It's nice to be needed.

It's even better to be home.

=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...