Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Summertime Stuff

 We've settled into summer so well and so easily...I'm thinking once reality hits we're going to have a pretty rough time.

But until then it's all good.  Like really good.

=0)

 One of my favorite quotes is by Emerson:

'The earth laughs in flowers.'

Isn't that the best?  And true?


So many goings on this summer.  So many parties and travels and people to see.  So much fun.

=0)

 These boys (and the moms) have been friends for so long that I cannot even remember when it all began, except that it's always been fun.  

For them and for us.


 I'm loving that others are inspired to have garden parties...have you had one?

I highly suggest it.

=0)

Ugh.  

We're packing for college.  He's got his physical today and the bins are being packed.  I'm still smiling, mainly because this is the easy part.  

He's so ready and so excited and it's kind of infectious, but boy oh boy is this houseful of boys going to be quiet.

My neighbor blessed us all with a 4th of July neighborhood breakfast and she did everything for it...all the set up.  All the food.

All we did was walk out the front door and a cup of coffee and a plate of delicious food was handed to me and I'm not sure she'll ever know what a gift that morning was to me. 

=0)

The mornings have been so quiet this summer and I'm loving that....even though sometimes they are happening really super early.  A little known fact about me is that I have nightmares...like wake up screaming and crying nightmares, and have since I was very little.  Not a big deal if I'm with that guy that I like so much...he wakes me up and then he goes right back to sleep.  Me though?  I'm usually up for a bit and over the years find that a cup of tea and reading my bible help.

For some reason this summer...and I am so relaxed this summer, it's been worse than usual.  Not sure what the trigger is but I'm sure it will pass soon.

My girlfriends house IS my happy place.  Or one of them anyway.

=0)

Snooze opened here and we scored an invite to the free soft opening last week.  We've all been a bit homesick for Boulder and Snooze helps with that just a bit.

Seriously...their pancakes ROCK.

In fact, we went back again today.

=0)

Oh man, the garden is SO BEAUTIFUL this year.  Like, beyond beautiful.

This is my #1 happy place...especially when it's filled with people.

=0)

Even our little cherub feels happy here.

 Summer cooking has been pretty spot on this summer....lots and lots of simple grilled meals and big salads.  And a few more things that aren't as simple...like paella and since I can't afford a trip to Spain, making it at home is the next best thing.

Yummy...especially when it's made on the grill.


 Have you heard of Pokemon Go?  The boys got us hooked and now we're all walking around town trying to catch pokemon and hatch eggs and it's all so stupid and so very addicting and really fun.


We've met lots of new people while we are out there catching the little buggers and hmmmm....maybe it is time to go back to work?

Seriously, I think we have a problem.

=0)

And that's about it.  Sleeping.  Eating.  Garden.  Pokemon.  We still haven't watched any TV shows but House of Cards is waiting for us...but it just seems like a waste right now to spend our beautiful summer in front of the television.  

Oh...and Operation House Purge of 2016 is in full force.  I'm on a roll and it feels so good to go room by room and clean out the clutter and I'm pretty proud of myself.  For such a little house we had way too much stuff...the goodwill guys have been my best friend.

Feels good. 

=0)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...