Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Month Of April...In Pictures

I'm wondering how I'm even keeping up...and I'm also wondering how loved ones, in the height of busy schedules, communicated before text messaging???


I've had two weeks of traveling and two weeks of so. much. change. at. work. that. I. just. can't. handle. much. more.  

How's that for enunciation?  

Or maybe I can...I'll let you know once I've had time to chill a bit.  It was all good until I was butt dialed by a boss and let's just say, a lesson needs to be learned: make sure your phone is off before talking trash about others.  And also, thanks for talking loud and clear because I heard EVERYTHING.

Yikes.

I spray painted the heck out everything I could get my hands on, including my bare feet and let me tell you, that stuff is rather permanent...that's good for the stuff I painted but not for my toes.

=0)

This was a rather precarious situation and one that most likely won't be repeated for quite awhile.

But they sure are cute!

I ran and ran and ran and BOOM....the flu caught me like a fast moving freight train.  It hung on for 3 days and then left just as fast as it came, but I've gotta say that the older I get, the longer it takes to bounce back.  

No fun.  No fun at all.

Turkish olives...which were the only thing that tasted good for 2 of the 3 days I was laid low with the flu.  I seriously think I have some turkish blood flowing through my veins...except for the yogurt liking part.  Not sure I can ever join that team.

=0)

And along with the flu, a diagnosis of an autoimmune disease that had me both relieved to finally have answers and scared for how my life was going to look from here on out.  Along came my own personal health guru who arrived on a jet plane and talked and talked and talked me through my new life.  

And that whole thing where your best friends become best friends is just way way cool.

Girls need girlfriends....it's just a fact of life.

=0)


Lots of hiking at the beginning of the month...the mustard grew well over my head and while it looks so pretty, lots of creepy crawly slithering things like to live underneath.  My trails are beautiful and I found some great podcasts (S-Town...wow!) to listen to, but seriously, I spent a lot of time looking down for snakes.  

None yet.  Whew.

These two babies, born to parents who went to college together, are now going to college together.

WHAT????

Found myself a few Sundays having church at my lake.  I'm not one to ever miss but found myself slipping down a slippery slope...a slope that the devil himself was smiling and watching with glee.  I just was feeling...well, alone.  And that's the other thing...I'm used to being alone in church, so this whole lonely, feeling sorry for myself thing was just not groovy at all.

But church at the lake?  It was beautiful and quiet and....good.  It was just super good.

I had dinner with all three of my boys....something that just hardly never happens at this stage of the game due to where they all live, but we laughed and laughed and laughed.  Their relationships with each other are so hilarious and for that I am thankful.

They're a fun bunch, my houseful of boys.  Exhausting, but fun.

=0)

The oldest of our trio has been down this way quite a bit for gigs and I'm just soaking it all in every time he comes home.

=0)

UGH.

We're hoarders...and here's the proof.

1-800-please-come-help.

That guy that I like so much has had the most exhausting semester ever and it's just one major thing followed by another major thing and he never, ever complains.  But then I watch him catch moments in the garden...just him (and usually one or two of the older boys, if they are home) and he looks so relaxed and peaceful with a pipe in one hand and a single malt in the other.

This middle of life stage, while exhausting, is also quite fun.

The garden has woken up from it's long, rainy winter slumber and we've been filling it here and there with friends and family.  Garden party season won't officially begin until June...and I'm so very, very ready.

=0)

Easter - He is risen!  

And the bunny cake was yummy.

Trip one for me...Texas.

Lots of work and lots of rain.

We almost left one of the bosses asleep in the airport but in the end, decided it best to wake him up.  Someone needs to sign the paychecks.

=0)

Home for a weekend and there was a black tie gala at the university where that guy that I like so much works.  I grumbled about going but it was super fun.

And the next night, there was the dinner party at Ruths Chris...those hot plates with the sizzling butter are the stuff dreams are made of.

And then - back to work!  Florida this time!

It took me a few days to settle in this time around...I was just plain ole tired.  But this was such a sweet trip in so many ways...and might be my last one there.  It just makes more sense to have someone running the show from that side of the country rather than flying me back and forth, and I get that, but I have a great team there who work so hard.  

So I was able to see all of them...from Key Biscayne to West Palm Beach to Kissimmee to Ocoee to Tampa and wow, that was a lot of driving in four days.

Key Biscayne has the best cuban pastries in the world...filled with guava and cheese and served with shots of cuban coffee.  I could eat that same thing every day of my life and never get tired of it.  

So yummy!

By the time I arrived in Orlando, I was exhausted and when I walked up to room 1802, I noticed the sign 'presidential suite' and kind of laughed...until I realized they had given me a little upgrade.  All 2,000 sq feet of penthouse were mine for 2 whole nights...complete with an atrium with floor to ceiling windows.

Oh yes yes yes yes yes.

I almost called in sick...but didn't.

=0)

A first for me...called in this litlle 4 foot alligator to wildlife control because he was too close to where children were.

He was all freaked out...oh wait, that was me.  He just stared.

Flight delays - seems to be the story of my trips, but they're always a bit sweeter when I'm still on the company's dollar and can have a fancy cocktail....or two.

Bonus if you can snag an outlet, too!

And today, the last day of April...church at our home church this morning.  Thai food for lunch.  A meeting at school (for him) and laundry and meatball making (for me), followed by a few hours in the garden.  He's off to yet another recital tonight and I'm off to bed...I need to be up and out early tomorrow morning.

Tis the season...but thankful for the moments.

Tomorrow is May and while the month will be busy, summer is coming.  I can see it...and I'm ready.  

=0)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...